An interesting anecdote to this article, about 20 years ago a couple members of the ACO staff assisted the "NY River Otter Project" with introducing several pairs of river otters into the gorge at Letchworth State Park. They were tagged with tracking devices and park patrons were asked to report any sightings to the front desk at the Visitor Center so the pairs could be monitored. Unfortunately, the batteries died after several years and there haven't been any sightings in some time so the pairs' status is unknown at this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Exploring Letchworth State Park - Winter Edition
I've always enjoyed being outdoors in nature. Everything moves a little slower, there's less distractions and I'm a happier h...
-
One of my favorite things about working with my river family at Adventure Calls Outfitters is that each year someone inevitably comes up wit...
-
Original article courtesy; Debi Bower https://daytrippingroc.com/mackay-wildlife-preserve/ One of the geological formations found within t...
-
I've always enjoyed being outdoors in nature. Everything moves a little slower, there's less distractions and I'm a happier h...

No comments:
Post a Comment